Hands up if this is you.
- You’re a blogger who wants an audience that really gets you. You want your blog to instantly communicate what you’re doing and why they should care. But it’s not. It’s just not working.
- You’re a small business owner, and you know you have the right service or product – you just don’t know how to get that message out in a way that sticks.
- You’re a writer with talent – but your work isn’t hanging together, your book proposal feels scatterbrained, your pitches aren’t getting accepted, and you’re just not getting anywhere.
Let’s get even more specific here…..
Maybe you love your website – but you don’t know where you’re going with it. You’re not sure what it’s for. And because of that, you never know what to write in it. Inspiration fails to arrive, again and again – and neither do visitors. You’re at risk of joining the 95% who give up. But what can you do?
All this social media stuff, does it really work? How do things capture the public imagination? How do you build loyal customers that can’t tear themselves away from what you’re doing? You have a business plan and a marketing plan, but how are you going to build a tribe of people (which includes yourself) who really truly care?
Maybe you want to get published, but have no idea how. You don’t think you’re ready to pitch or write a book. You don ‘t know how. You’re ambitious but frustrated. You know your writing is important, but your plans fall apart when reality intrudes. You know how to start, but not how to keep writing – or how to finish.
Here’s the solution to these problems.
All You Need Is The Right Story.
(And a ton of hard work.)
Hi. My name is Mike, and I help people with their storytelling.
Have you heard of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO is the art of helping search engines discover your great content.
SEO is important with anything you do online – but what happens when those people actually arrive? What’s the point of having an absolutely killer strategy for getting discovered, but your content, the thing you’re promoting, isn’t getting into people’s heads in the way you want it to?
Here’s what storytelling is.
Storytelling is SEO for the human brain.
Storytelling makes content sink deep into people. It hooks them, it excites them, it gives them vicarious experiences that are just as powerful as the real thing. Storytelling is an immensely powerful set of tools for making people care. That’s why you need it.
(Want to learn more? Here’s a free ebook on the subject.)
If not, try digging into this pile of free storytelling resources.
Now – here’s how storytelling affects you.
You need to tell stories that hook people – not just individual one-off yarns that get shared around, but longer story arcs that make people return again and again.
You need stories that raise the stakes and make people care where you’re going, and where it’s all going to end.
You need stories that will save your blog, not kill it.
You need to launch your products and services with a story that really sells them.
You need to give customers a reason to keep returning, again and again, addicted to the story of your business and what it’s attempting to do for the world.
You need to have something to aim for – and you need to communicate it, so everyone cares where your business is going as much as you do.
You need to make stories that delight readers, and to fire off pitches that delight editors and literary agents.
You need to know why you’re doing this and what you hope to achieve (because “passion” doesn’t guarantee success).
You need to write. Consistently. Without fail.
I Can Help.
Sometimes it’s a quick half-hour call on Skype. Sometimes it’s an ongoing relationship over many months, involving e-mails, calls, exercises, challenges and entire bucket-lists of milestones ticked off. Sometimes it’s a single piece of advice; sometimes it’s an entire course of it.
It’s always exactly as long as you need to find the right story.
- I’ve helped people build long-term narratives for their blogs, designed to build a terrifically loyal audience and a real sense of going somewhere.
- I’ve helped people score guest posts in high-profile sites, and get their pitches accepted in major publications.
- I’ve helped people find the motivation to work, to dodge writer’s block and to outwit their own brains in order to get writing.
- I’ve helped people fall in love with their own stories again – the ones they tell and the ones they live – and I’ve helped convert that renewed enthusiasm into formidable productivity.
- I’ve helped people get started on their dream projects, and I’ve helped people finish them.
Are you sick of feeling stuck?
Let’s Find The Story You Need.
Contact me here.
How does it work?
- We’ll bounce a few e-mails back and forth until we’re both really clear about what you want to achieve from our work together – what you want to get done, by when, based on your needs.
- Then we’ll agree on how that’s going to happen.
- Then we’ll begin. Simple, right?
How much time will it take up?
As much or as little time as you need to get your storytelling on track. We’ll go at your pace, based on your requirements.
NOTE: I’m currently changing how I’m tackling consultancy work. Check back in a few days for an update – or drop me an e-mail (details below) and I’ll get straight back to you.
When can we get started?
Let’s go! My e-mail address is here – or fill out the form below. Thanks!